Looking for a place to discuss Christina Aguilera or meet other Fighters? Then join the Xtina Daily Discord server!
In a recent interview for Rated R&B, The Grammy winner Mýa Lan$ky says a long-awaited “Lady Marmalade” reunion with Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim and P!nk is ‘in talks.’
This year is the 20th anniversary of the Moulin Rouge version of “Lady Marmalade” which saw recent success on Apple Music. What will it take to get you, Lil Kim, P!nk and Christina Aguilera back on one stage for a reunion performance?
We’ve talked about it. Our teams have spoken about it. The anniversary crept up on us this year out of nowhere, and then there was that whole pandemic, and we didn’t necessarily know what COVID was doing. People have families as well. You have to respect that. So I think it’s just a scheduling thing, making sure everyone is open and clear scheduling-wise and then the budget. It’s a lot to move hair, wardrobe [and] glam. Each girl has a different squad plus management, plus security. That can be very expensive just for one female artist, but we’re talking four or five, maybe even six when we’re talking Missy [Elliott] and Patti [LaBelle]. We don’t know yet, but it’s in talks.
Photographer Miranda Penn Turin shares Xtina’s outtakes from the ‘Stripped‘ photoshoot.
– Miranda Penn Turin
Christina Aguilera slayed at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend, fronting the LA Philharmonic like a diva in the true sense of the word – jealous of all you lucky ticket holders!
view more images from this album
According to her manager, both of her two-day shows sold out.
Here is a list of celebrities who attended her second day of the show:
- Ariana Grande and her husband Dalton Gomez
- Linda Perry
- Jordan Bratman (her ex husband) and her family
- Betty Who (Australian Singer/Songwriter)
- Violet Chachki (The Season 7 winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race)
- Tiffany Haddish (American Actress)
- Shelly Peiken (Who co-wrote “What A Girl Wants”)
- Trevor Noah (South African Comedian)
- Minka Kelly (American Actress)
- Karen Gillan (Scottish Actress)
- Paloma Mami (Chilean-American Singer)
The Set List:
- Opening Score
- At Last/JB Intro/Ain’t No Other Man
- Genie in a Bottle
- The Voice Within
- Peaches/Can’t Hold Us Down (orchestra tacet)
- Twice (orchestra tacet)
- Say Something (with A Great Big World)
- Xpress/Lady Marmalade (orchestra tacet)
- Contigo En La Distancia (orchestra tacet)
- What a Girl Wants (orchestra tacet)
- It’s a Man’s World
view more images from this album
“This feels like a beautiful, beautiful resurrection,” the Los Angeles Philharmonic’s music director Gustavo Dudamel said to the sold-out crowd at the Hollywood Bowl on Friday night (July 16).
The statement — which was met with venue-shaking cheers — served as a sigh of relief following a tumultuous year where live music came to a screeching halt amid the coronavirus pandemic, and Dudamel’s words continued to ring true throughout the night.
After the LA Phil set the tone for the night with a moving orchestral set, Christina Aguilera took the stage, sauntering up a makeshift mountain to open her return to live music with an intoxicating cover of Etta James’ classic, “At Last,” filled to the brim with the star’s mind-blowing vocal runs.